Jan 19, 2006

Felt like old shoes ...

I started substituting last week. I forgot how physical teaching can be. Standing and walking around constantly made me awfully tired. I guess I am not one of those teachers that sit for long. It is weird how I felt as I taught students. I guess the very best way would be to say, "felt like old shoes." Students all seemed so good. When they are not your students for a whole year and don't have to worry about test scores, it feels very different. You know, less stressful. I can definitely see myself teaching again, but who really knows for sure.

It is so strange and disturbing to me that I still do not have any brilliant idea about what I want to do for a living. As I ponder, I am reminded of the father character from "A River Runs Through It." He asked his son what is his plan for a profession, a CALLING. I very much sympathize with the son when he hesitated to give an answer. When the father pressed with a sharp question, "you went to college to be sure?" I cannot help but wonder if my college education has done me well to advance my aspiration for a worthwhile career.

As I write this non-sensical gibberish as the latest entry into my blog, I feel like it is an outlet for me to write and think out loud a bit. In the long run, I hope it will help me make right decisions.

Beer Update
Export Helles is still in secondary fermentation. It is weird how it is still bubbling at regular intervals. Hmmm. I hope to bottle soon. Maybe a specific gravity measurement is in order.

Movie Recommendations
I just watched two very mediocre films called "Ong Bak, Thai Warrior" and "unleashed." They both have good martial arts/fighting action scenes, which would made me like it in the past. I am getting too old for this type of movies where the strongest elements are just actions. It has to be pretty darn good actions for me to like a whole film based on them. I do not recommend them on that bases, and lament the fact that I am getting sooooooooo ooooooolllllldddddd!!!!!

No comments: