Jan 23, 2007

Do I look fat?

I was reading CNN online and I found a link to Body Mass Index. CNN dared me to find out my BMI. I took the bait and use its BMI app. If your BMI is between 25 and 30, then you are overweight. If you BMI is more than 30, you are obese.

I've done this before and I was not overweight by just a little. Well, I am not so lucky this time. I am a little taller than 5'6" and 160 lb. That makes my BMI 25.8. I guess I could lose about five pounds to get to 25.

There are some controversy over BMI being too lean. I think so too. I think healthy weight for me would be between 113 and 155 lbs. 113 is nearly impossible for me. I guess I have a big hip.

Do you dare to find out your BMI? Here is a BMI calculator!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To heck with you're BMI, you look fabulous! You would look like Nicole Richie at 113 pounds. That's just crazy!

Cancer said...

Thanks. I think I will run little more often as I have not run in a little while.