May 5, 2007

Ghettopod ...

I love my first generation iPod Mini. It looks nice. It is sturdy. I know, because I drop it once, accidentally of course. While there are better iPods out there, I am not ready to trade it in yet. That is what makes this story even sadder.

My iPod has not been able to hold its full charge. I tried the resetting trick via holding Menu and center button together to no avail. I finally decided to replace the iPod's battery after months of getting frustrated with the iPod as it stopped working prematurely or at inopportune times.

I found a great little deal on Amazon who resold iPodjuice.com battery for about $13. Yes! It came with tools to take apart the iPod. I read the direction that came with the iPod battery replacement kit. There were several warnings. I started getting that bad feeling, when one realizes a possible bad decision. What the heck! I do not want to spend a fortune getting a professional to change a battery when I could easily get another iPod for a little more money.

I was able to disassemble and replace the battery. Putting them together neatly is much harder. The top and bottom plastic cover parts would not fit neatly or stay put. Now I have an iPod with pieces of ducktape on it. Yuck. It works well, so I guess I am stuck with this ghettopod until I decide to get a new iPod.

No comments: