Aug 2, 2007

Tivo, where have you been all my life?

Do you remember the good ole days when we used to record shows on VCR? Well, some of you do. I cannot remember the last time.

Everyone has been telling me how not having cable and DVR is like being a caveman. I keep on telling everyone that I watch too much TV as is, and don't believe in paying for TV shows. But I have always been envious of their cable DVR.

Well jealousy is gone. I just bought a Tivo HD. It is capable of recording HD. I don't have to have a cable service to use one. I am in heaven. I started to record Scrubs, Poker After Dark, etc.

It does cost to get Tivo service, but it is like renting a cable DVR. After buying the hardware and prepaying for service, it is like $17 per month. It is a little pricy, but I am very happy.

No comments: