Aug 29, 2007

Do you believe in Karma?

I was born into Confucianism. You know, respect your elders and other social ideals. That has served me pretty well.

I was introduced into Christianity in my early teen years, mostly Methodist/Presbyterian tradition. This has also served me well. I mean ten commandments are pretty good rules to live by.

I no longer associate myself with an organized religion, but I subscribe to a notion of Karma. Do good things and good things happen. The best thing about my belief is that I am more introspective.

I was stuck behind many red lights yesterday when I drove home. I was a little upset at this phenomenon. Realistically, series of red lights will happen periodically. It is just probability. Instead of continuing to curse my bad luck, I started thinking to myself if I have been bad lately.

I don't know if I am a spiritual person, but I like the fact that I examine the way I live. Karma rules!

No comments: