Jun 19, 2008

Zen master in me says no, but ...

I hate the fact that acquiring things makes me happy, and I try hard to live a simpler life. Living a simple life is not always so easy. I am talking about my obsession with tech toys. I purchased a second LCD monitor so I can have a dual-monitor system. I really like having big real estate to compute. It also set me back few bucks.

I also bought a little set top box from Roku for streaming free movies from Netflix. I am an avid user and a fan of Netflix. There is one feature Netflix offers, Watch Instantly, that I could not take advantage of, because it is only for streaming to PC. I can use the Watch Instantly feature, thanks to the little set top box!!!! I really like the easy set-up, quick streaming, adequate video and sound quality. This set top box will only get better with time, because bandwidth of net will get wider, which means better quality video and sound will download faster.

June also means I am buying a new pair of running shoes for the next year of running just like last three years. I've put on at least 500 miles. I've decided to buy a pair of Brooks instead of Asics. The new pair feels stiffer. Hopefully, I can run more this year and stay in better shape.

No comments: