Aug 18, 2005

Little bro is not so little any more ...

I have been a Valley Big Brother to a young man, JR, for more than six years now. JR is a senior this year, which means this is the last year together as the Brothers. It is little sad. There were many good moments, but last year did not have so many. I am not sure what happen exactly, but I will make more efforts this year to do more things.

I arranged for JR and I to go bowling. I paid for our shoe rental and got us a lane. We chatted about this and that. I talked to him about his future and the senior year. I just wanted to plant some ideas in his head. While I cannot choose his path to glory, I would like for him to be more thoughtful about it. I think he will be great. If anything, I hope he knows there is another person rooting for him.

I won the first game easily. After all, I recorded a turkey. That is three strikes in a row for those who don't know. Second game was another story. I had to play catch up as JR bowled much better and I much worse. Luckily, I tied his score. I am still unbeaten, but that day is coming soon.

Movie Recommendation: Real Women Have Curves is my recommendation. I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. I guess I did not have a good read on this movie. This movie is about a smart young Mexican immigrant woman making it. I am sucker for a good immigrant story. There are many funny moments, but shows real insights into how things truly are in another sector of our society. I think any movie that offers better understanding of our world is a movie worth watching more than once. One BIG TOE up!

No comments: