Nov 15, 2005

Bruised ego ...


I had the new car for less than two weeks and I already had an accident. Don't worry. No injuries to others or myself. Just a bruised ego. Last Friday night, I drove to a friend's house and no incident. I went in the house and we exchanged greetings. You know, "how the hell are yah?" Anyway, I wanted the friend to drive it around since he taught me how to drive principally. He was impressed and I think he wants one. I don't know really. I also asked his wife to drive it, but she was very hesitant. I decided to drive her around the parking lot. I was not wearing any shoes at the time, but did not care. I am not saying this was the reason for my misfortune, but who knows. Anyway, we drove around and I came to a dead end where I need to stop. I did not step on the brake for some reason and my mind blanked. I might have thought the clutch was the brake. I really don't know. I hit one of those low ground parking lamp. SH!T!!!! I really feel bad about the passenger. I think I traumatized and scarred her for life. Well, I hope not. I am not hurt except for my bruised ego.

I had the car checked out and everything is fine except for the bumper cover and fog light. I guess it is just money. I needed to use clear tapes to temporarily stop the flapping while driving. See the above picture closely to see what I mean.

Movie Recommendation: I watched all three of James Dean movies. I am recommending "Rebel without a cause." What is with the white people portraying Mexican immigrants in "Giant?" Couldn't they use real Hispanic actors and actresses?

Beer Update: I am bottling super saison this week just in time for Christmas. Have you been good this year? You might get some nice spirits this Christmas.

No comments: