Dec 22, 2005

Javelinas scared me ...


I wanted to take some pictures yesterday and walked over to a little hill. As I was ascending, I literally and physically (I don't know why people use this lingo) into two javelinas. I was very startled, and cursed myself for not having the camera ready. I watched as they scurried away. Their odor lingered though. It reminded me of skunks. Luckily I was able to take pictures with my zoom lens later. It is too bad the photos are not focused well enough for me to use them. Mm, bacon. I took one very usable picture. I guess that is the way photography works.


I made a five-gallon batch of export strength Helles Monday. This means more merry time when we finally do drink this fine German lager. It will be more than six percent alcohol by volume. It will be malty and smooth. Mm, Helles. It is fermenting right now. I hope time flies by for this lager.

My sister is visiting this week from San Fran. It is good to have her here. I am not sure what we will do as siblings this time. Maybe to Zoo Lights, Phoenix Art Museum, and good restaurant outings?

Movie recommendation:
"Saint Ralph" made me laugh and tearful. It is like Napolean Dynamite but more heart and marathon training and running.

For fun sci-fi movie, try "Serenity." People talk in entertaining way and actions are pretty good, although much of it darkness.


No comments: