Nov 14, 2006

Day 0.5 of Grand Canyon Trip ...


Date: November 9, 2006

Josh organized a trip to Phantom Ranch, which is in the bottom of Grand Canyon. I've been looking forward to this for months. Of course, I still waited until the last moment to get ready. This means I was desperately double checking and triple checking the packing list a day before our descent date. I was busy making last minute shopping trips and calling my parents to take care of my dog, Cenya. Even with a mandatory meeting at work, I still managed to get ready although I felt really rushed and under prepared. I guess this is what I get for procrastinating. I barely managed to fit my belongs in my Miata's trunk.

I drove to Colby's to catch a ride up to Flagstaff. There are four of us, who are Amy, Colby, Debra, and me. When I got to Colby's, he lifted my backpack to make sure it was not super light. I was already catching flak for packing light. I mean who wants to hike in with bunch of stuff you may or may not need. Besides, I will be carrying about five pounds of video equipment. Sure hope to catch good video footages and photographs.

We left a little after 7 pm. It was a nice little drive up. It was good to catch up and have a little chat. It was really nice to feel a little cold as I got out of the vehicle. We checked into La Quinta Inn, and met others who were already there. It was good to see Pam, Gina, David, Josh, and Cindy since it's been sometime, but there were two people I did not know. They were Janna and Anthony. We hugged and said hello.

Josh decided to go to Walmart to get a last minute fishing license. Colby and I went along. We got a six pack of Alaskan Amber from Bashas' along with a fishing license. We drank and joked in the lobby for a little before turning in for the night.

No comments: