Feb 27, 2007

I am a part of the global warming problem ...

I have not had a chance to watch "An Inconvenient Truth," the Academy Award winning documentary about global warming. It does not mean I am somehow ignorant of our warming trend. I mean, I do live in Arizona, where it is hot most of the time. I think most Americans are becoming aware of the problem especially after Katrina disaster.

It pained me to find out I contribute more than an average American to CO2 emission, which is the cause for global warming. Apparently, I am responsible for approximately 10 tons every year, but other Americans only contribute only 7.5 tons every year. My direct contribution comes from driving a small sporty car only modest 10,000 miles per year and using electricity in my house. I suppose I can take bus to work and live with more people in my house. This should drastically bring down my contribution to global warming. I have to seriously reconsider my environmental philosophy. It does not help my self esteem when I pride myself in living environmentally sound ways.

Found out your carbon footprint information here.

No comments: