Mar 12, 2007

The Departed & Little Miss Sunshine review...

I have not written about any movies, because I have not seen good movies in some time. Well, I recently saw two good movies, Departed and Little Miss Sunshine. After watching Little Miss Sunshine, I understand why Eddie Murphy was so upset. I did not think Alan Arkin performed Oscar worth role in the movie. That is not to say Little Miss Sunshine is a bad movie, because I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. You should rent this movie about a dysfunctional family traveling to enter a little girl into a beauty contest. This movie is very touching on many levels. I can relate to shortcomings of all the characters, which makes them believable. I also related to family troubles in the film, which made the film sympathetic. Little Miss Sunshine is funny above all else, so you will be entertained.

The movie I want to whole hearted recommend is The Departed by Martin Scorsese. I am not sure if Senor Scorsese received an Oscar for the body of work or for The Departed, but it is an awesome movie. It is about a mob and police in Boston. Each side plants insiders and tries to bring down the others by staying a step ahead. The Departed starts a little slow for my taste, but you have to tell the story and build up so I understand the pace. What really makes the movie for me was the fact that no one in the movie, protagonists or antagonists alike, is safe. Within the last thirty minutes, I had no idea who dies and why. I also love the fact that it does not have a Hollywood ending. I mean what is the chance of a happy ending with a mob story. I highly recommend this one!!!!!

No comments: