Mar 21, 2007

Handyman?

I consider myself very unhandy. Is that a word? I've had a leaky kitchen faucet for about three weeks. I was first very dumbfound as I could not even figure out how to disassemble it. I eventually removed a little rubber part that revealed a bolt. Well, it was going to take an allen wrench to remove it. Darn!

I finally checked the Delta Faucet website, which is so very helpful. Did you like my Valley Girl? I went to my local ACE Hardware and pick up a Delta kitchen faucet repair kit. I had to go there two times as the first helpful clerk was not so helpful. Second time, a very knowledgeable lady clerk helped point out a part labeled "Delta Kitchen Faucet Repair Kit." I felt stupid. In my poor defense, it was one part in sea of parts.

I brought it home and took about a half hour to fix my leaking faucet. There is not double meaning. I am happy with my effort. Now I need to tackle my living room speaker wire situation. Hmm.

No comments: