Mar 4, 2007

Do you ever self diagnose?

When I was younger, I never thought I have any kind of illness or disease after reading about them or their symptoms. Well, I am a little older now, and I self diagnose now and then. I think self awareness is a way to prevent or to ease one's own illness. This might have started when I used to run many miles per week and experienced pain on occasions.

I was recently reading CNN.com about binge eaters, which is the most common eating disorder. I think I am a binge eater. Only thing offsetting the disorder maybe my regular runs. I would be much bigger otherwise. Sometimes I eat even though I feel full. I don't know if I eat when I am stressed out, but this is possible. I overeat when I am alone more than when I am with others. Since I am aware of binge eating symptoms, I will conscientiously watch out for my behavioral issues regarding eating. Hopefully, I am not a binge eater, but I could be.

In that note, I think I may be mildly depressed. I am working on this as well as I am aware of this possibility. My regular runs, which has not been as regular lately, is also helping me in this regard.

Or this could all be false positive. Maybe I am a hypochondriac!

No comments: