Sep 3, 2007

Balls of Fury ...

I watched Balls of Fury last Saturday. I thought it would be a real funny movie. Well, my expectation was much higher than the movie.

I thought someone like Christopher Walken would not be in a real lousy movie. I was wrong. In fact, he was not very good in the movie.

Like many critics, I thought the strongest performance was delivered by a peripheral actress, Maggie Q. She is the straight man making others seem more humorous. She was apparently in the latest Die Hard movie. I might have to check it out.

I am not completely down on this movie, because it reminded me so much of the movies I enjoyed long ago. This movie liberally borrows from Enter the Dragon and Kentucky Fried Movie.

If I was not a big fan of those two movies, then I would not have like this movie at all. I am recommending this movie for a silly afternoon or a rental.

No comments: