Jan 21, 2008

Shortage of hops ...

I am not talking about my lack of vertical ascension or cannot jump. I am talking about one of my favorite hobby, beer crafting.

Many of my friends approached about the fact that there is this sudden shortage of hops, cone like flower, used for brewing. I knew about this shortage, so I assure them there will not be shortage of different variety of beers although some of very small brewhouses may be in trouble.

I am also not that worried about my own brewing. Sure, I don't like to pay much or use substitute, but C'est la vie. I have used substitute hop varieties before as not all varieties are available to me. If I have to pay more then I will for a short while. It is not like I make very hoppy beers all the time. I may raise my own hops if it came down to a real crunch time.

But seriously, hop prices are cyclical from my understanding. I probably do not have to pay high prices for no more than a couple of years. I HOPE!!!!!!

No comments: