Aug 4, 2006

Have You Ever Been Burgled?

I took my little dog, Cenya, for a walk around my block. I ran into early risers who were taking their morning walks or walking their dogs. A couple of old men stopped to chat with me about a recent burglary in our neighborhood. Wow, a controversy!

Both warned me to lock the house down. Well, I still do not think I need to get all hysterical. I will lock my front door, but not much more.

I thought about how I felt when my car was broken into many moons ago. I remember feeling very helpless. I very much hated that the perpetrator broke the side window more than taking of the stereo. AHHHHHHH!

I still like to think that we can trust our neighbors and be able to leave doors open. Just like that one town in Ohio featured on CBS Sunday Morning.

No comments: