Aug 26, 2006

Most Frequently Used Tech Support Answer ...


Last couple of days, I've been having a problem closing the garage door using my remote. The door has always behaved abnormally on humid days. I was thinking the problem would go away when humidity went away. Well, the problem persisted. I was starting to be concerned.

I decided today that I need to investigate into my garage door problem. I went to the garage door opener manufacturer's website to check out their FAQs and help sections. It was not too helpful. Everything seemed foreign. I was getting frustrated and annoyed that I cannot seemed get some straight forward answers.

I was thinking that I should just unplug and replug in the garage door opener just like a computer. I mean it couldn't hurt to try it. I also found much later a vendor's FAQ that suggested just the method I was thinking.

It worked like a charm. The number one answer to any tech support questions, "Have you tried resetting or turning the equipment off and on?", worked again.

No comments: