Aug 20, 2006

Who Went to Church?

Oui, moi. I went to church. Of course, it is not my favorite thing to do, but I gave into parental pressure.

I have been feuding with my parents about going to church for years. I gave in after going through their harassment, and witnessing their agony of having a non-church going son. I mean it is not like I was going to win anyway. I also don't think I can disown them.

I have decided against lying to parents about going to church. I am too old to lie about things to parents. I have decided early this year that I would attend enough Sunday services so I can tell parents that I recently attended a Sunday service. Well, this weekend is one of those times I need to go.

It was quite an adventure going to church today. I fell down on my hands and knees after kicking the curve while crossing Lincoln Drive. I was not hurt and there were not any incoming traffic. Only my ego was bruised. I cannot remember the last time I fell down on my hands and knees.

I had to sit through a modern service music and a bad sermon. Call me an old fogey, but I don't think modern Christian rock and stuff is for Sunday services. I also hated youth minister's delivery of often side tracked and trying to be funny kind of sermon. What an awful morning!!!!

No comments: