Aug 7, 2006

Conan, The Barbarian?


My friends Jim and Beth are naming their new dog, Conan. This little cute pup is an American Mastiff. It is a designer dog bred specifically to counter some of the natural shortcomings, such as drooling, of regular Mastiffs. I wrote about this pup before here.

I know Jim really likes Conan movies, so the pup cannot be named after the late night talk show host. I am still wondering, if Conan is named after the "Barbarian" or "Destroyer." I am hoping Conan is named after "Barbarian." Destroyer sounds so negative and destructive.

Apparently Conan is a "boob" man. According to their breeder, Jennifer, it is hard to get Canon away from the nursing dog. I thought that was kind of funny.

Gum Incident
I was driving back home on last Friday. I smelled subtle odor of spearmint. I thought to myself, someone is chewing a large amount of gum nearby or in a car nearby. I smelled this spearmint odor all the way home. Sometimes strong, sometimes faint, but the odor was persistent. How curious?

As I pulled up in my garage, I found out the reason for the persistent odor. It was a glob of gum I stepped on just prior to getting in my car. I felt the glob stretching as I got out of my car. I cursed my luck! I guess the karma is telling me to be a better person.

No comments: