Sep 23, 2006

Fraudulent Charges ...

I receive a call from an automated and pre-recorded message from Chase today. Chase wanted me to call back ASAP to confirm a suspicious charge. I knew right away that it was a fraudulent charge, because I have not use Chase card in long time. I have been using my Citi card, because of its better cash rebate program.

I called back as soon as I was finished with the message. I went through the usual verbal body cavity check. You know, like your name, your social, your mother maiden name, your birthmark, your firstborn's social, etc. Mary is the name of the helpful Chase employee on the other side of phone. It was pretty painless. They are canceling the account and opening another for moi as I write this.

I should be getting a little paranoid, but I am not. I guess I feel like banks are doing their job aside from charging obnoxious amount of fees. Good job, Chase!!

No comments: