Apr 7, 2007

Pat's Run 2007 ...

I have not done a road race since I finished Las Vegas Marathon in 2004. Wow, I cannot believe it has been three years. There are always many good races out there for me to do, but I do not have the running fitness to do them. I guess I need to run more regularly.

I decided to do Pat's Run 2007, because I want to show my respect to Pat Tillman. I am humbled by Pat's decision to serve our country even if I think it was a wrong decision. Pat Tillman paid the ultimate price for his sense of duty, because our leaders let him down making poor decisions.

I did not preregister for the Pat's Run. Usually I don't run races that I do not preregister as I like to train for each race, but I have not been able to plan anything in advance lately. I drove to Sun Devil Stadium early so I could register. After I got there around six thirty in the morning, I walked with many early arrivals to main race area, where I registered rather quickly and easily.

It was very nice to see so many people, who came out to remember Pat Tillman. I think the announcer stated that there were more than 12,000 people in attendance. The race itself was a pretty quick 4.2 mile loop. I ran harder than I should have, but I had a good time. Now, I can proudly wear Pat's Run shirt. I hate wearing a shirt prior to finishing the race.

Here is my result.
  • Overall 1515/9461
  • Age Division 22/92
  • Male Group 1219/5343
  • Pace 8:28 per mile
  • Time 35:34

No comments: