Apr 3, 2007

Universal Remote?

I like to believe that I am not very materialistic, but it seems inescapable. Having been brought up in Eastern culture in my early upbringing and my environmental sensibility, I really hope I am not materialistic. What makes me think about this rubbish? I just bought one expensive remote to replace more than four remotes.

It is called Harmony 880 by Logitech. It is a smart universal remote. Most universal remotes acts like several remotes that must be changed back and forth like pushing a TV button to act like a TV remote and a VCR button to act like a VCR remote. Harmony can do that, but its strength is to configure itself as a remote around different activities. I have it configured to watch TV, watch DVD, watch Apple TV, listen to Radio, and listen to CD. All I have to do is push one button to do each event and only the essential buttons from various remotes are available. Sure there are more expensive remotes that can be programmed to launch a rocket, but they are really complicated and twice as expensive.

I am very happy now that I don't have to fumble with two or three remotes to work my TV, AV receiver, DVD, and Apple TV. YES!


No comments: