Sep 24, 2007

Fun on Monday night? No way ...

I cannot remember the last time I went to a concert on Monday or going to a concert of an unknown band. Well, I have done both last Monday. I went to see Guster at Marquee Theatre on September 17, 2007.

Pam wanted to go see Guster and invited her friends including me to go. I did not know who Guster is, but I decided to go because I had not seen Pam, Amy, and Colby in sometime.

I checked them out on Guster's myspace. The band sounded very decent. I thought it would be an okay concert. I had no idea how much I would really enjoy the band.

I met up with Pam and Amy around 5:30 at Amy's house. Pam brought dinner. I got to hung out with the little ones, Cam and Aidan. They are so much bigger and more independent. It was great. Cam can now have a real conversation. Aidan is walking and says no. Wow.

We left for Guster around 6:30. It turned out we were there about an hour early. No matter, we got some adult beverages and caught up with each others lives. We really should hang out more often.

Guster started playing round 8. The band has an awesome bongo player. By this fact alone, made the band sound very distinct to me. I only knew one of their songs. I think I heard Satelite from a movie or maybe Scrubs. I really enjoyed this concert very much. Guster is a fantastic live band. I just bought a couple of songs, Amsterdam and Satelite.

No comments: