Sep 8, 2007

iPhone price cut debacle ...

So Steve Jobs graciously cut the iPhone prices by $200 this past week. ONLY AFTER 2 MONTHS! I was stunned, of course. My prized possession got devalued in a hurry. I thought to myself, "I have no one to blame." After all, I am the impatient one with money to burn. Sort of speaking.

Apparently people were really sore and vocal about their disgust at such precipitous price drop. I am not sure if this caused Jobs to issue $100 credit, but I am happy to have it.

I feel I did not really overpay for my iPhone although I always feel like I am overpaying my ATT service. I just do not use enough cell service. I did feel the sting of a rather quick price drop of iPhone, but this sort of things always happens.

Ultimately, I have mixed feelings about this. By dropping the price, I no longer feel like I belong to an exclusive group of techno snobs (I just came up with that). I am still happy with how the phone functions. I think I would purchase it early again.

I don't feel Apple owe me an apology. It is a business trying to max its profit. What do you expect?

No comments: