Mar 9, 2008

Analog TV, really?


Feds are shutting down analog TV frequency in another year. They plan to use these for emergency communication purpose.

I am not worried as I already upgraded about a year ago, and I do not watch any analog programing. I am worried about my parents. Although they have a HD capable TV, they do not have HD cable service. They also have several analog TVs, which they do not plan to abandon. I was worried until I became aware of the Fed's effort to move people to HD spectrum. It is called TV Converter Box Coupon Program. The coupons are good for $4o dollars each, and a household can ask for up to two coupons. You should jump on it before the agency runs out of money. Now, I just have to buy a couple of converter boxes so my parents' old analog TV can function again.

No comments: