May 25, 2006

Fast Internet, What Fast Internet?

Buckeye

I am having an internet connection problem. I have been experiencing stoppage or intermittent internet connection. It is a big problem for someone who is addicted to checking e-mail, podcasts, vlogs, etc. Unfortunately, I think I am hooked on this stuff, because I have been going through the phases. You know, anger, denial, pleading, etc.

I finally broke down and called Cox for service figuring I troubleshot as much as I can from my side. Cox agreed that a service call is required although they keep politely threatening me with a service charge if the problem turned out to be from my side.

One positive side is their service appointment time frame got smaller. Instead of noon to 5 pm for showing, they asked for 1 to 3 pm tomorrow.

I hope to get my fast internet speed back tomorrow!!!!!

Walmart vs Hercules
From the title, one might think Walmart is the small guy, but au contraire. Hercules is a small town in California that is fighting the big corporation (Walmart) from building. Interestingly enough, the town is using often misused eminent domain to stop the big corporation. Most of the time, I hear how a state/county/city/town takes lands away from mom and pop operations to lure in big corporations in the name of furthering public interests. It is about time big corporations see the other side of the eminent domain. Way to go Hercules!!!!

No comments: