May 20, 2006

So I Think I Am Addicted...

Zebra Longwing

I have been in need of a media card reader for quite sometime. The reason is my hatred of changing USB dangles when downloading photos from cameras. I have been keeping my eyes on sales papers, because I am always looking for a bargain.

I finally found a deal. Fry's Electronics had a one-day sale, which included a USB media card reader for free after a mail-in rebate, yesterday. Of course, they were out of stock when I got there. No raincheck! How typical.

I found a great deal anyway. It was a Maxtor 300 gig hard drive for a measly 80 bucks. I was smitten. A nice, big hard drive for $0.27 per gig. Wow. I still could not just pick it up. I hate impulse buys. Not because it is necessarily a bad purchase, but I end up regretting most of times. Also, I already own two 160 gig hard drives. I walked around the store some and thought about the purchase. I weighed positives and negatives. I decided to make the purchase.

I am starting to take more of larger digital photos, digitizing my music collection, and editing more digital videos. This only means I do need more of bigger hard drives. I combined data from the old drives, swapped out one of the old drives with the new drive in a hard drive enclosure, and put the combined data on the new drive.

I do feel like I am addicted to getting bigger and bigger hard drives. Does anyone really need half a terabyte of hard drive space? Do I need to start a Harddrivaholics' Anonymous?

No comments: