Jun 29, 2006

Do You Need A Good Night Sleep?

I entertained a couple of Spanish speaking guests along with uno Americano last night. I prepared boiled corns, bbq beef sandwiches, and potato chips. Sinziana, one of the Spanish speakers, brought a bottle of wine called (get ready now) - - Fat Bastard. It is a French merlot. I guess an arrogant name like that would be thought up by a French. None the less, it was a pretty good wine. Well, take it from a guy with no real experience in distinguishing a good wine from a bad. Esteban, the other Spanish speaker, brought four little tarts from Bashas. They were filled with creamcheese icing and topped by glazed fruits. (Side note: I think I did a pretty good job describing the tarts. I even knew the pastries were tarts. I am impressed with myself although I did look up what a tart was in my dictionary.) Dinner was great, conversations were flowing, and wine was going down easy. Good times. I learned one of them used to be a graffiti artist!!

After they left, I remember lying down on my sofa, but lights out. I woke up this morning feeling very refreshed. What contributed to my fast sleep? I have to say "a glass of Jesus juice." I thought about other times when I also slept well, and one common element seems to be "a small dose of alcoholic beverages." I do not condone drinking everyday, but I will keep this one-trick pony in mind for a future insomnia.

No comments: