Jul 3, 2006

Best Sonoran Mexican Food Ever?


Sonoran Mexican food. How can I describe it? Most would think tacos, enchiladas, tostadas, burritos, etc. It is not quite as spicy as New Mexico style. It is also not like Tex-Mex. Having lived many moons in Arizona, I've come to love Mexican food prepared in most Arizona Mexican restaurants.

Until I went away to college in Tucson in 1995, I thought of Mexican food as just a pleasant meal choice, but not a must eat. That soon changed when I discovered Rosa's. I felt in love with the restaurant the first time I ate their green chile con carne. I get it served Ortega style, which is spicier. Of course, a frozen margarita is a must complementary drink! I have been eating there every chance I had.

I still have a couple of great friends living in Tucson. It has become a meeting place for us, Harley, Jim, me. They do not seem to mind that I always want to meet there when I come in town. We have a great time every time.

So what brought on this write up? I went down to Tucson last Saturday to see Harley. I have not seen him since his move to a huge house in Vail, Arizona. It was a great excuse to visit my favorite Mexican restaurant.

I have recorded footages of my travel to Tucson, which includes a sun rise, Picacho Peak, an ostrich farm, a semi roll over, Harley's new huge palace, and Rosa's new mural wall.

No comments: