Jul 11, 2006

Mishmash ...


I am writing about various subjects not related to each other. I know I called it potpourri last time, but I think "mishmash" is a better terminology.

If you are a man and old enough to remeber "Return of Jedi," then you definitely the bikini worn by Princess Leia. I was reading Wired today and found an article talking about how it has gotten a cult status as a custom. It even has a dedicated website called, www.leiasmetalbikini.com. Amazing. Check out photos of people dressed like Princess Leia.

Headbutt Heard Around the World
Did you see Zinedine Zidane headbutt Matterazi last Sunday during the World Cup Final? It seemed very vicious indeed. I am going to write a little about it. (Note: I have been a fan of Zidane since 1988 World Cup, so read the rest of my editorial with my bias in mind.)

After I saw the incient, I joked with friends that Matterazi must been talking about Zidane's mother or something. Of course, I was only half joking. I mean why would a professional footballer who played numerous matches would just headbutt someone out of bleus. There must been a provocation.

I am not condoning his headbutting incident. I mean he got ejected and his team ultimately lost.

I read this morning an article stating Matterazi provoking Zidane by taunting. According to the article, lip readers say Matterazi might've said Zidane is a terrorist or talking about his mom or sister. I am more tend to believe the prior statement rather than later as Zidane must heard many mom or sister jokes while playing matches.

I just want to finish by saying Zidane was wrong to headbutt Matterazi, but it is not always just black and white when it comes to fouls.

P.S. Footballers dive too much and Italians more so, in my humble opinion.

No comments: