Oct 20, 2006

Are We Better Off ...

I am asking this question after little more than five years from 9/11/2001. What brought this on? I just watched a movie titled "United 93." It is about the fourth hijacked airliner on that fateful day. It was a detailed insight into the confusion and heroism by many.

I would recommend this movie to everyone to watch once. Why? United 93 is a painful movie to watch and I would not want to go through it again. This movie joins the my watch only once list like Schinlder's List and The Pianist.

I do not really care to be political about my writing on this blog, but I cannot help after watching United 93. I do not feel like our president, George Bush, is doing or did well after 9/11 for our country. I respect the fact, George Bush, is our president elect although I did not vote for him. I respect the fact that he may think he is doing his best although I am not sure how he is measuring his success or his best. I do not feel we are better off than five years ago. I mean that says it all. Where are the perpetrators who masterminded these heinous acts of terror? Why are our troops dying in Iraq, who did not attack us? I am mad at our government for mishandling 9/11 aftermath.

No comments: