Oct 1, 2006

Harley's Party ...

I went down to Tucson to visit Harley yesterday. He is a long time friend from college. I can go on but I want to finish writing this posting within a reasonable length. Anyhoo.

Harley just started his MBA & MS in Computer Science this semester at The University of Arizona, and is still working part-time. I wonder at Harley's willingness to balance work, school, and life, and admire his ambition and dedication to work hard. I digressed again.

Harley was having a party and invited all his MBA cohorts and me. I gladly accepted his invitation although I felt I would I feel out of place as I was not in the MBA program. I knew I would have a good time anyway.

I drove two hours south on I-10. I was so used to driving this route, but it has been sometime. The scenery was all too familiar. A bridge, an outlet mall, Picacho Peak, and you are there. There were two accidents slowing down the traffic, but nothing too serious.

I arrived about two in the afternoon. Harley and I shook hands. It was all good. Harley was still setting up, so I lent him a hand with that. His backyard was decorated with tiki torches and solar lights. Ambiance would be phenomenal, I thought to myself.

We swam after setting up. It was slightly hotter than average temp for this time of the year. Water felt cold at first, but it was very refreshing once submerged. We swam for about an hour waiting for possible early guests. As suspected, there were no early guests. I guess people always wants to be fashionably late.

People started to arrive, libations started flowing, foods were consumed, pool table started clicking, music boomed, foos table rotated, poker was played, etc. Good times lasted for hours. I cannot remember staying up so late.

Here are some pictures from the soirée!



Nice ambiance.

First arrivals.
Where are the girls?

I said, "just the girls."

Harley, look at the camera.

Rosa's Mexican Restaurant is great.

Rosa's? Never heard of it!

Stop talking about presentations.

Just right amount of foam.

Foos time!

Corner pocket?

Fore!

No comments: