Oct 15, 2006

Sixty Four Bottles of Beer on the Wall ...


Yesterday, I had my first Oktoberfest. When I got up, I was very much worried that my little gathering would be a bust, because it was raining cats and dogs. I still cleaned the house, went shopping, and got ready for the festivity. I mean rain cannot stop bunch of people from getting together to appreciate home-made beer, bratwursts, and companionship of mankind. Rain stopped and sun came out in time, which made me so elated. After all, bad weather should not ruin a long planned event.

I had a great time. I could go on and try to be descriptive about the fun I had, but I am using numbers to describe the fun.
  1. Attendance: 22 adults and 5 little ones
  2. Beer Consumption: 64 12oz bottles or about six gallons
  3. Brat Consumption: 34
  4. Other Food: 3 microwave bags of popcorn, 2 apple strudels, 1 banana bread, 1 cake
  5. Equipment: 1 broken rope, which used to hold a hammock
  6. Music Purchase: 1 album named German Beer Festival (Famous German Beer Drinking Songs) from iTunes

No comments: