Sep 3, 2005

Grandma is so generous.

I took my grandma to her rheumatoid arthritis doctor yesterday. I got to spend sometime with her afterward, because she needed to wait for her ride home. We had a chance to watch a little bit of New Orleans news footage together and chatted little about the misery people were facing. I felt the strongest charitable emotions ever in my life. I cannot hardly stand the misery those poor people were experiencing.

I asked Grandma if we should donate some money. I was not expecting the response I got back. She said, "is a hundred dollars enough?" WHAT? A hundred dollars!! Let me tell you about my grandmother. She is living on social security check. She is a penny pincher like the most WWII era citizens. I mean she refuses to throw away things. I was very touched by her generosity and humanity. I was expecting about twenty dollars. Well, I asked for it. I decided to match her effort and donate a hundred dollars myself.

I decided to talk to my parents about donating this morning. I drove over to their store and told them about the grandma's donation, which was so effortless. I think mother was impressed and proud of her mother. I got another hundred dollars. Today, I filled out a donation to Red Cross for two hundred dollars, which will be in the mail first thing Tuesday. I donated my hundred on-line. I am so very proud of Grandma!!!!!

No comments: