Feb 22, 2006

Marathon training and brewing ...


Marathon Training
I have been training for about four weeks now. It has not been easy. In fact, it has been more difficult than any other marathon training I've done. I do not have the joy or the motivation from the previous trainings. I am dreading the long runs and I do not feel ready. I no longer care about the personal best time or qualifying for Boston someday. I realized how foolish I was thinking I can make it to Boston. I would still like to train for my very last marathon, SLC Marathon, and it is not a lip service this time.

Week 4: 19 miles, Total 51 miles
Week 3: 7 miles, Total 32 miles
Week 2: 13 miles, Total 25 miles
Week 1: 12 miles, Total 12 miles

Beer Brewing
I just brewed Marzen/Octoberfest yesterday. It could turn out to be Marzen or Octoberfest depending on how long I lager it. I have not decided it yet. I could split the batch and have a half of each. Everything went pretty smooth. I could've used a larger fermenter as there was still fermentable extract seeping out of the mash. I cannot wait to see how this beer will turn out.

No comments: