Feb 3, 2006

Random Shots ...

First and foremost, I would like to apologize to my loyal readers. I know there are at least two, perhaps three. I feel like I neglected those readers. I will try to write at least once a week.

I am keeping myself busy by subbing. It is not bad, but pay is paltry. (Side note: I used paltry in a sentence.) Is it abnormal to drive top down in the morning? I just don't like the idea of driving a convertible when the weather is not really chilly. I mean I did not buy a convertible to drive it as a coupe.

More Random Shot
I watched Angelina Jolie's interview tonight on Nightline. She is infinitely more interesting than most beautiful woman. Quite the humanitarian, I must say. It is quite evident the bad girl edge puts her over the top. That lucky Brad Pitt. I guess Jennifer Aniston just do not do it once you are acquainted with Angelina.


The above picture is the leading ladies pack during the PF Chang Marathon. I think F1 was the favorite.

I want to run another marathon, but I don't even want to think about training for one. Is it the age? Is it the rigor of training? I don't want to completely undertrain and have a miserable time running. Hmm. What should I do? I am going to keep my options open by training and registering late. My goal is to run Salt Lake City marathon in June. I think I will hang up my marathon shoes after this race as I find training too daunting. This would make six marathons in six states. Oddly, all ending in "ah" sound. Arizona, California, Pensylvania, Minnesota, Nevada, and Utah.

Training Log
Week 1: 12 mi Total: 12 mi

Movie Recommendation
I just watched "Sixteen Candles" again. It is a great movie with much sentimental values for moi. I like the way the director treats the teenage characters like a real human beings and not just funny caricatures. I think I read reviews detailing this sentiment and I definitely agree. If you never seen it, then you should check it out. If you seen it, then you should still check it out again. It is still great and maybe you will look at it differently.

Beer Update
I am definitely bottling my helles this weekend. I need to find some time to brew octoberfest while I still have viable southern German lager yeast in the fridge. Mm, octoberfest!!! March is another chance to enter my beers into a local contest. I am thinking saison and helles. More medals hopefully.

No comments: