Dec 26, 2006

Am I a binge shopper?


I went shopping today. Although I do not shop for spending money sake like in my teenage years, I have to venture out to buy essentials for me to get through life. I guess my frivolous spending is done on-line buying electronics. That sounds horribly like what a geek would do.

I bought a long sleeve shirt and a cardigan from Banana Republic. Ralph Lauren was still out of my budget even with sale prices. It used to be a little more affordable. I bought a couple pairs of pants from Macy's. I cannot resist twenty dollar pants when they seem to fit. Boy, I hate shopping. I bought six pairs of running socks from Runner's Den. Now I can replace some of my well worn socks. I also bought one pair of hiking socks and one replacement top for Nalgene bottles from REI. My toes do not have have to be cold when I wear wool hiking socks. YEAH!

I do not feel patriotic although some economists would say spending money is patriotic. At least I bought stuff I needed. If I can just get rid of clothes I don't wear, then life would be grand. Like those tight pants I have not been able to wear for a few years, they should be donated and/or traded.

Hanging with a dear high school friend
I spent about four hours with Garrick, a great from high school. I told him I saw Simone, a pretty girl from our high school, and how I reminisced about our high school days. I do remember having crush on many of the girls. Our school had its share of pretty girls. We talked about other things as well while hanging out at Coffee Plantation and Capital Grille. I really enjoy having a low key outing with good friends. I should do it more often. I really wish Garrick was near by. I forgot to mention, Capital Grille had a great in-house pineapple infused vodka. It is so good you forget you are drinking alcohol. Dangerous!!!

No comments: