Dec 13, 2006

I found a Bundle ...

I went running last night. I did not have to go very far before an energetic puppy came after Cenya (my dog) and me. I lead the dog to the house from the direction it came, but the man said it is not his dog. Darn it. A runaway or lost puppy!

I still wanted to finish running and the puppy was following me haphazardly like a drunken runner. I decided to finish running with the drunken puppy running behind, front, left, and right of me. Of course, my dog is all freaked out that there is another dog.

The puppy nearly gave me a heart attack when it decided to go into the SRP canal. I thought I had to go after it, but luckily it climbed out. Wow!

When we got to the turnaround, a cyclist told me that he saw two coyotes up ahead and be careful. I actually saw coyotes last Sunday night, so I was not surprised. I started to worry that the little pup would be picked on. I really did not want to carry the pup. Crap!

For about a half mile, there was not any sign of coyotes. I was really squinting my eyes to see in the dark while running. When I thought we were safe, I saw two coyotes. At least the coyotes were not big. Or maybe it is their normal size. One was stalking us with a little distance. I started to yell, "No." We ran faster while keeping one eye on the stalker. Once we got off the SRP canal and got on paved road, I felt much safer although the stalker did not leave us until lighted traffic started to appear.

Well, I guess I need to start looking out for a lost dog sign and find the owner for this pup. In the mean time, I think I am calling the puppy a Bundle. I should start contacting people to see if they would like a really friendly and energetic puppy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Bundle is just adorable. Have you checked to see if he/she has a penis? I would love to have the little cutie, but I'm sure my husband would have a fit. Maybe I could just put Bundle in his stocking. :o)

Cancer said...

Bundle is a boy. He is only about ten pounds. Friendly and unruly.