Dec 18, 2006

Plutocracy ...

Did you know top 400 earners in US make as much as a half of all US (500 million households), which translates to $1.25 trillion? What is wrong with people making obscene amount of money?

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with a person making unimaginable amount of money. What I find disturbing is rich is getting richer and poor are getting poorer! Our middle class is disappearing. We as a society is regressing. I have been taught that first world countries have a big middle class. I guess US do not want to stay a first world class.

I know people always say there are trickle effects, but I don't think these are enough. I mean just look at our pathetic minimum wage.

These ultra rich people are getting so influential, now we have to worry about the country being run for and by the ultra rich! Plutocracy. I sure hope they use their wealth in benevolent ways, so there won't be an uprise by the poor like those other countries we see on news.

p.s. "There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning." -- Warren Buffett

p.s.s. I got the above quote and facts from this article from The Nation.

No comments: