Mar 5, 2006

Day 3 of the Snowboarding Trip


All of us were relaxed about waking up next day. Gabe and Mitch told us the ski resort does not open in the morning on Sundays. This turned out to be false, but we took our time getting ready. I still woke up early enough to get a waffle. Mm, waffles. Unlike the previous morning, the waffle machine was working. Others slept still.

When I got back from breakfast, I found out Mitch and Gabe decided to leave without snowboarding in the afternoon. Bummer. I was hoping to snowboard some more before heading back. This made my decision about leaving early or staying with Jim and Beth for another couple of days.

We all went out to brunch around ten. We drove to a donut shop that also served traditional breakfast. After a very satisfying meal, we bid Mitch and Gabe good drive back home and went grocery shopping. We bought things to make spaghetti dinner and a bottle of margarita mix. I would really appreciate the margarita mix purchase later.

Jim, Beth, and I went back to Wolf Creek in the afternoon for another go at snowboarding. I wanted to try toe side traversing, because I was only doing heel side traversing the previous day. It turned out to be much harder. For one thing, it hurted one specific area of my body, calves. My exact words were, "it burns!!!"

After falling a number of times, I managed to snowboard down the bunny hill. I tried to connect heel side with toe side with c-turn. Wow, it is so very hard. I managed to turn a couple of times, but tumbled five folds. Jim and Beth quit earlier than moi. They said, "We want to save ourselves for tomorrow." I snowboarded another hour while they rested.

When we came back to the inn, we decided to go hot tubbing. I made margarita on the rocks. Although the sign said no alcoholic beverages, we took it with us to the hot tub anyway. Our sore body really needed jets of hot water and alcohol. We felt so much better. It did not matter the tub was outside or the weather was cold.

No comments: