Mar 8, 2006

Day 4 of the Snowboarding Trip

"I am finally sore from snowboarding and not from falling."
Beth, 2/13/06


I woke up a little later than usual. That is not to say I was not the first to wake up, because I was. I took a little walk and took some photos. It was cold. It was so cold. After the walk, I went to breakfast. I once again had another waffle. Mm, waffles!

When I got back, Jim was watching curling on television. Beth was taking a bath. I watched curling with Jim for sometime before we started to pack up, because we were checking out of the inn. When we've checked out, it was time for Jim and Beth's first meal. Jim wanted to get some Taco Bell. I have to say 10:30 is the earliest Taco Bell experience of my life.

We were staying in Pagosa Spring that night, and Jim and Beth already had an arrangement. I needed to make an arrangement still. On the way back up to the ski resort, we stopped at the new place Jim and Beth would be staying that night. I walked over to Best Western and got a room for that night.

We drove up to the ski resort for the last half day of snowboarding. We all were in much better spirit, because we were not so sore. We all thought hot tubbing helped. Just before we started snowboarding, I told Jim and Beth, "We should just have fun today." Jim and I took photos and video footages. I had much fun just traversing down a few times, but I still wanted to try c-turns. Once I stop freaking out every time I made attempts to turn, I had more success at c-turning. We were having more success getting off the lift. Beth seemed much happier that she stopped falling while getting off the lift. Beth did not traverse much while snowboarding down the hill, which meant she went downhill very fast. I tried the other side of the hill. It was more fun snowboarding a new slope. We fell down much less and just plain had more fun.

When we got back down from the ski resort, I went to my room while Jim and Beth went to their's. We were to meet up after cleaning ourselves. I took a shower, which felt so very nice. It was getting cold outside when I met up with Jim and Beth around 6 pm. We went to a local malt shop. We ate well.

We went to the hot spring around 8 pm. Of course, we disguised our alcoholic beverage and took it with us. The hot spring smelled of sulfur, but that is the nature of hot springs. Soaking our tired and sore bodies in hot springs was just what the doctor ordered in my opinion. I went back to my room around 9 pm.



Photos

No comments: