Mar 16, 2006

Dinner With Anne ...

I received e-mails from Sinziana about our friend Anne visiting Phoenix for a conference. Lucky for us, Sinziana took charge of setting up the dinner arrangement. We were to meet at a restaurant called Carlsbad Tavern. It is a New Mexican style restaurant in Scottsdale, and one of Anne's favorites. I was looking forward to seeing Anne since I have not seen her in about two years and getting New Mexican food is not bad either.

I wanted to beat the traffic so I got an early start. Of course, the best plan never works. I managed to get delayed by construction and missed a turn, which led to a detour. I still got to the restaurant about a quarter hour early.

I ordered a beer at the bar while waiting for the others. I think ACC tourney was on tele. It was not too long before the gang showed up. I was waving to them and the barkeep started yelling. I told him that was quite all right, but he said he did not mind. Well, I did.

We were seated out in the patio area. It was a nice day for dining al fresco. Of course, all the girls said it was chilly. Pretty soon others joined us. There were Anne, Sinziana, Mark, Danielle, Scott, Jennifer, Dhumal, Carolyn, four of Anne's co-workers, and me. We conversed, drank, ate, and had a good time. I really enjoyed the Adovada pork burrito. It was so very chilly hot!!!

Anne and I rode up to Esteban's house. It's been sometime since I've seen Esteban and his family. I did not realize Esteban's mother was visiting the states. Anyhoo! It is always nice to catch up with your friends.

Photos from Carlsbad Tavern


No comments: