Jun 21, 2007

Day 1 of San Francisco Trip ...

Date: June 20, 2007

Alcohol consumption: 0 (oh, no!)

I am here in San Francisco enjoying beautiful weather! Think in the 60's and not 110's like in Phoenix, Arizona. I wanted to blog about yesterday before I forget everything.

My day started out early as I did not pack the previous day. I also had to keg Scotch ale I made with Kevin, a good co-worker/friend. Kevin wants to serve this at his July 4th party. It did not take me very long to prime the beer and siphon to a keg. Clean did not take long either. I guess when you are motivated to work fast, things to do get done faster.

I quickly packed running gears as I do not want to neglect my fitness resolutions. I packed a couple of homebrewed Belgian beers. I am proud of these beers. Hopefully, we, my sister and I, will enjoy them together.

I checked in with Southwest for a boarding pass online. It was easy enough. Sky Harbor recommended two hours early in order to catch my plane on time. What a crock!! I could've been there just one hour early and would still had time to spare. Hmm.

My trouble began with security check line. The security, TSA, found my beer and asked what they were. I know the TSA is doing their job. Although I don't feel safer, they are doing what they said they were. I had to check in my luggage. Darn!

The flight over was pretty smooth. I did not experience any problem with air sickness. I took motion sickness medicine prior to the flight. I am not sure if I am getting better at riding or medicine did its job.

I arrived at Oakland around 3 pm. I promptly got my luggage, asked about AirBART, a bus to BART station. I got on a train that was bound for San Francisco. By the time I realized I was on a wrong train, I was already at the end of the route. RICHMOND. I had to catch another train going to San Fran. I took nearly forty extra minutes to get to 16th and Mission. I felt dumb, but much more aware of how to use BART!

I started walking to my sister's house. It was not as easy as I hoped. I walked around and got more acquainted with her neighborhood before I found her house.

Note to self: REALLY SHOULD GET A CELLPHONE! iPhone May be.

My sister was very happy to see me. We briefly chatted before going out for dinner as we both were hungry. We walked over to a little neighborhood sushi shop, Country Station Sushi. It is a little charming place in spite of the smelly neighborhood. We had a combo plate, which came with 8 sushi and 12 roll pieces, and a large tempura plate. Mm, delicious. I found out from the sushi chef and a regular talking that the restaurant will close soon as a the building will be rebuilt for another purpose. That is a shame.

My sister and I went for a home made ice cream and walked around Dolores park. We chatted some more. I think my sister is a little lonely out here. I should call her more often I think. When we came back to her house, I literally felt asleep right away.

1 comment:

all in a day said...

what's up birthday man. Happy Birthday to you! Have a great one. See you in August, and i'll be sure to bring your present then.

sfjc