Jun 30, 2007

Day 3 of San Francisco Trip ...

Date: June 22, 2007

Alcohol Consumption: 1 glass of organic wine

Money Quote: "My boss found a smoking gun."

Got up early to go run again. I ran on Valencia instead this morning. As I ran toward Embargodarus on Market, the city was full of noise unlike Mission area. I had a brisk run and felt good.

After just moping for awhile, my sister and I was bound for Napa Valley. She does not have a car, but utilizes a company called City Car for her occasional vehicle needs. She pays monthly due plus hourly and mileage. I think that is great! I mean there are no parking, gas is expensive, no waste on insurance, etc.

We got in her reserved City Car, a blue Prius, and headed out of the city. I hated stop and go traffic in the city, but it was a much smoother ride once we got on a freeway. On our way to Napa, we ran into a NASCAR traffic. I had no idea NASCAR came to the wine country. Hmm! Last minute change, we decided to stop at Sonoma instead. My sister does this quite a bit.

We parked Prius on what looked like the main road. We walked into what looked like a nice cafe for late breakfast. While we ate, my sis had to converse with her boss. It seems he found a smoking gun from thick documents sent from an opposing counsel. It was a great weather for eating al fresco although it would felt hot if we were not under a partly shaded area.

After eating, we walked around and explored what seemed like a town center. We went to a little out of way farmer's market. My sister paid up through the nose on a sweet onion. I bought some kettle corn. Mmm, kettle corn! We kept cruising the commercial area, which included galleries, restaurants, wine stores, etc.

It was getting a little hot. I guess I got very spoiled as it cannot be as nearly hot as Phoenix. Anyhow, I kind of coerced my sis to go back home as I did not feel like staying in Sonoma. Especially, neither of us wanting to sample any wine I failed to see any point in staying very long.

On our way back to SF, we got off one exit to find George Lucas' ranch. Last minute deal with my sister again. We failed to find it, but managed to almost run over a dog, which appeared out of nowhere.

We also stopped to admire Golden Gate. I downplayed the awesomeness of the bridge, but it is always nice to check it out. We sat on a bench a little way out and up and talked a little and enjoyed the scenery.

I coaxed my sister into cooking dinner tonight. I said something about how she always asks me if we want to go out or eat in like I really had a choice. I guess she did not mind cooking once. I am mentioning this, because we want to TJ for grocery. My sis wanted to pick up some grocery for tonight and other necessities since Prius was not due for a couple of hours. The TJ we went to was busier than any other TJ I've ever been. There was a line of cars waiting to get into the parking lot like the pictures I've seen of oil shortage days from 70's. We just parked on a nearby street. What is $0.75 compared to waiting? We got our stuff, and drove home. Unloaded and I carried up the grocery while my sis went to return Prius.

My sis made her "famous bruschetta" along with salad and pasta. Everything was good. I won't even wimp out with being in a new environment or being hungry as the reasons for things tasting good. I was happy.

I decided to go to Dolores park to take city scape pictures. I was hoping to take detailed pictures and put them together. My sister met up with me later. Did I forget to mention there was a huge transsexual rally? It seemed to be a pre-rally of sort for Pride Parade on Sunday. I will just say I saw things I don't normally see.

We hung out to looked around for short time and headed back home. We stopped at Bi Rite ice cream parlor for home-made ice cream. This is two nights in a row. It is a good thing I am running every morning. I felt a sleep as we started watching a movie. Good night!

No comments: