Jun 14, 2007

Please support these artists ...

Some musical groups or singers are freakishly protective about their music. I am not saying we the public need to get everything for free. In fact, people who know me always accuse me of being too old fashioned about not sharing music. I would not want to be an artist who does not get paid. In reality, artists make most of their money from selling merchandises and concert tickets. Most of my music dollars go to non talented record companies!

This is why I really appreciate artists like David Gray, Jack Johnson, and Grateful Dead, who let their fans tape concerts and share with others. I truly believe this is a forward thinking. People can sample, appreciate, and consume more of their music.

You can find some awesome shows on Live Music Archive. Here is a Maroon 5 song, enjoy!

No comments: