Jun 27, 2007

Day 2 of San Francisco Trip ...

Date: June 21, 2007

Alcohol Consumption: 2 beers (yeah!)

Money Quote: "Thursday night is the new Friday night!" by Garrick

First thing is first. I ran about a half hour from Guerrero to Market on 18th street and back including a lap around Dolores Park. My sister seemed to have her mind set on biking. We walked to Ritual to grab some coffee. I had a scone to go with my beverage. After that, we separated. I came back to my sister's house and she went to a friend's to get a bike.

I worked on my sister's ancient Mac. Make it work as fast as it can. I just did some maintenance on it while listening to some podcasts. I learned Yelp is a great resource for picking a restaurant.

When my sis came back, she lamented that I did not study physics like I said I would. Oh, well. C'est la vie. I am on vacation. Might as well do as I like. We decided to get some lunch, but did not agree on what to get. I got a lamb shewerma from Ali Baba's and she got two fish tacos from Taqueria el Buen Sabor. I think. We laid out in Dolores park and chowed down. I was not crazy about my shewerma, but my sis's taco was pretty good!

After spending some down time, we rode bikes to Asian Art Museum, where Tezuka's Anime and Manga were being featured. Need I say more than Astro Boy! I grew up watching that. It was great to learn about Tezuka and Japanese Anime and Manga. I spent a little bit of change in the gift shop.

When we came back home, my gluteus hurted. I guess I don't like to bike. I spoke with Garrick, a good high school friend, on the phone. He was coming into town to see ole me. My sis and I waited until he came in town to go to dinner. In the meantime, we watched Hidden Blade, an awesome Japanese Samurai movie.

When Garrick made it to SF, I went down to greet him as my sister's place on third floor. Garrick had a hard time pulling into the garage as the entrance was very narrow. It was a little harrowing to say the least.

After brief tour of my sister's place, we went to Little Star Pizza. It was one of those constantly busy places. We managed to grab a table just prior to closing. Lucky us, we did not go hungry. We ordered ahead a deep dish pizza that we devoured.

We had an after dinner walk to an after dinner drink joint, Little Baobab. It was not too busy or loud, so we could have a drink and catch up. Garrick is finally done with his psychiatric residency at Stanford. I accepted Garrick's invite to spend Saturday attending his graduation.

We walked back to my sis's place. Garrick drove out of the garage no problem. I fell asleep when I made it upstairs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice trip (",)