Jul 9, 2007

Day 5 of San Francisco Trip ...

Date: June 24, 2007

Alcohol Consumption: 1 Watermelon Vodka thingy

Money Quote: "Is that guy completely naked?"

This is the last day of my trip. I got up late. No running today. I really did not feel like it. I shouldn't have to. After all, it is a vacation.

This morning started off with a little spat about going to church. Apparently, mother called to let us know we should be attending church today. Hmm, how nice of mom. Sis mildly insisted we go to church this morning. I insisted back that we don't go. I told her I felt a little sluggish from staying out late yesterday. Sis let me off the hook as I insisted she can blame me if mother called us on it.

We instead went to a late breakfast. Unfortunately, we rode bikes there. I really wish the bike I rode had a better supportive seat. At least there was no real traffic. When we arrived, I was a little confused. It said ice cream parlor. Huh? Ice cream for breakfast! I guess that would work. It turned out the little place served up meals as well as malts and ice creams. Cool!

The name is St. Francis Fountain. It is a nice cozy place. I ordered corned beef hash. It came with a slice of grilled banana bread, which my sis is crazy about. My hash was very awesome. Most restaurants serves hash from a can. They are really greasy. However, St. Francis served shredded bits of deli quality corned beef. It was delicious. Sis and I talked congenially. I logged some highlights from this trip so I could blog later. She looked at her case brief.

We rode back slowly. We took a little down time before heading to Pride Parade. We took BART to get to the parade route. First thing is first. We went to SF Apple Store. Sis needas a cover for her new nano. The store was two story building. Pretty nice. Phoenix Apple Store is about a half the size.

We slowly walked our way over to the parade. SF takes the parade pretty seriously. There were corporation sponsored floats. Politicians and celebrities were on floats. It took us some walking around to find a little nook where we could watch the parade.

While walking around, I saw a guy completely naked. He had on some type of a ring on his bare genital. I was wondering how this is possible. Unless public nudity is legal, his bare butt should be in jail. I had to look away quick. What the heck!

We made our way over to the concert area where the parade ends. A huge area around the city hall was blocked off with several stages. There were many booths for us to peruse. I think it all comes down to people making money. There were many vendors. I had a chance to see the new Scion xB. It is cool looking, a little bigger and a littel less boxy.

We walked over to Japan Town for noodles. I pigged out on a large bowl of ramen. Wow. It was large, good, and inexpensive. Relatively speaking, of course. What is cheap in SF! Sis had a lunch special that had a piece of grilled mackelel. After eating, we visited Japanese bookstore and grocery. Sis bought a few things at the grocery store.

We started walking back and then decided to catch a bus back home. A wise decision I think. Although we could have used the exercise.

We unwound by doing very little and just hanging out. We managed to play Scrabble twice. It was not like when we were little. No more passing and spelling two and three letter words.

We took a last walk together around Dolores before splitting some ice cream from Bi Rite Creamery. Mm!!!! I did not feel guilty because I was not having dinner as I had a big lunch.

We turned in early as I had to leave around four in the morning to catch a plane in Oakland.

No comments: