Jul 28, 2007

A week of lying low ...

I did very little this week. For one thing, I blogged only once this week. I really did not find anything I really care enough to blog.

On a positive note, I have managed to go for 5.4 mile run five times this week so far. If I go tomorrow, then it will be six. That would be great. I cannot remember running 32.3 mile in one week recently. I would like to get in shape so I can run a decent race in near future.

I managed to watch a couple of movies. I watched a Korean monster movie, The Host, on HD-DVD from Netflix. It was critically well reviewed as well as by regular viewers. I guess my hope was too high. I liked it, but I am not too keen on it.

I recently acquired a Toshiba HD DVD player, because Netflix offers next gen movies already. Blue ray is too expensive still. I already have HDTV and surround sound. My Toshiba player did not set me back too much. It comes with five free mail-in HD DVD's. I have not regretted buying it. Movies look very sharp and sound great!! It is not VHS to DVD difference, but you definitely notice the higher quality.

I've seen Letters from Iwo Jima, Children of Men, Jet Li's Fearless, and The Good Shepard in addition to The Host. I've noticed that regular DVD's look soft even when they are upscaled to HD resolution. I guess I am getting real spoiled.

I also went to see The Simpsons Movie yesterday. I was worried it would not good, becuase I read a bad review. USA Today, I think. I am happy to say the movie was not bad at all. Is it the best Simpsons? No! However, it is full of what makes The Simpsons such a joy to watch. Physical comedy mixed in with current pop twist and real wit. Bravo!

I am going to go see Ratatouille tomorrow. I guess I am not done making Steve Jobs rich when I purchase his phone, iPod, and computers. I am actually looking forward to watching it. Critics really love it.

I am all over the place with my thoughts today. Scatter brain, I guess.

No comments: