Jul 17, 2007

Las Vegas Trip ...

I was in Las Vegas last week for a conference. Since I don't want to be uncool, I don't want the nature of the conference known. Let's just say, having a conference in LV does not sex up my profession. Anyway, I still had fun when I was not attending various sessions during the conference.

I usually detail my trip, but this time I did not really keep little notes reminding me what happened and when. So I am trying a different method here. Highlights and lowlights.

Highlights
  • Playing blackjack with Garrick. Dealers were not kind to us.
  • Seeing Tobey McGuire at World Series of Poker in Rios Hotel.
  • Just joking and having fun with Garrick.
  • Having cocktails and people watching. There were a lot to watch.
Lowlights
  • Two hour delay at Sky Harbor caused by US Airways.
  • TSA pulling me aside for bomb sniffing my laptop.
  • No wifi connection at the conference or the hotel (WHAT!)
  • The most expensive buffet at Bellagio turned out to be mediocre!

No comments: